Is it imperative to be a certified welder?
Welding as such is an art that can be perfected only through practice and experience. There are no short cuts to become a professional welder and every welder started in your shoes. Theoretically speaking welding as such is quite simple wherein two or more metal pieces are joined together with the help of a molten solution that forms the bond between them upon cooling and solidification. It is as simple as that and there are no big secrets or special techniques hidden inside when it comes to understanding welding.
However, practically speaking, it is one among the most complicated tasks one could ever undertake and welding should never be taken lightly. It requires immense focus and precision in order to create sturdy welds. And a professional welder is identified by his qualifications. He needs to be certified by the proper authoritative boards in order to legally practice as a professional welder. Is it imperative for you to become a certified welder? Certainly yes and you don’t even have to think twice about it. And once you become a certified professional, you become a comprehensive who could perform any kind of welding procedures with any kind of welder including MIG welder, TIG welder, Arc welder, Stick welder and many more.
And becoming a certified professional welder is not all that difficult.
- Call an AWS accredited center and arrange for a simple welding test.
- Pay some entrance exam amount which is very nominal.
- Practice harder.
- By performing a simple T joint weld is more than sufficient for you to pass the certification. Of course, all I’s should be dotted and T’s should be crossed.
- Then with a small amount you can be registered as a professional and certified welder of National AWS Certified Welder Registry.
- You are most likely to get a welding job immediately once you are certified.