The case for Oxy-Acetylene - part 2

Honestly, if I did not have other welders or cutters to rely upon, I could actually perform about 99% of my welding and cutting needs with a properly adjusted oxy-acetylene torch. With the other 1 percent, I could easily farm it out to someone else without feeling too bad about not being 100% self-sufficient with my welding needs. When an Oxy-Acetylene torch is needed in my shop, I usually use it to heat items for bending or for preheating for welding. And as good as a plasma cutter is, it will not substitute for even a small cutting torch rig on cutting thick metal. Your average plasma cutter with 40-80 amps cannot reasonably cut really thick metal. The first time you work on your tractor or piece of heavy equipment, and need to cut a bracket or teeth off a loader, you’ll quickly run into a wall. It just won’t cut it. But even a small Oxy-fuel rig will surpass the 1.5” mark and quite easily reach over 2 inches. A larger rig will even surpass that. As for welding, in a pinch the oxy-acetylene torch with a welding/brazing head can be used to weld plate up to ½” fairly easily. Before the employment of arc welding for common fabrication work, Oxy-Acetylene was the premier choice for welding ships together. So, while it may be slower, the old gas-ax will do it all and in some cases, it is the only tool that will do the job. If you are truly wanting to get into welding, do not forget about sourcing an oxy-acetylene outfit first. I’m not trying to lose business for Everlast here, but in full transparency, you will not regret buying an Oxy-fuel unit first.

Comments

Thanks for this great post. I want to share  Tranny for Men with you in gratitude, thanks!

You really should indulge in a tournament for example of the most useful blogs on the internet. I will suggest this site! wholesale winter scarves

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and after this each time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the exact same comment. Possibly there is that is you are able to get rid of me from that service? Thanks! https://itfashionworld.com/

Can I simply say what a relief to locate someone who actually understands precisely what theyre speaking about on the web. You actually understand how to bring an issue to light to make it important. More people should look at this and appreciate this side of the story. I can’t believe you are not more popular as you definitely possess the gift. Load Cell

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be using? I’m having some minor security issues with my latest website and I’d like to find something more safe. Do you have any recommendations? best CBD gummies

You produced some decent points there. I looked online for that problem and located most individuals should go as well as using your internet site. best CBD oil

you have a very great weblog here! if you’d like to make some invite posts in this little weblog? best CBD oil

Nice post. I find out some thing harder on diverse blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating you just read content off their writers and practice a little there. I’d choose to apply certain while using the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your own internet weblog. Appreciate your sharing. best CBD oil

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! best CBD oil

Honestly, if I did not have other welders or cutters to rely upon, I could actually perform about 99% of my welding and cutting needs with a properly adjusted oxy-acetylene torch. With the other 1 percent, I could easily farm it out to someone else without feeling too bad about not being 100% self-sufficient with my welding needs, yes agreed with you on this point, thanks. Medical Billing Services West Virginia

When an Oxy-Acetylene torch is needed in my shop, I usually use it to heat items for bending or for preheating for welding. And as good as a plasma cutter is, it will not substitute for even a small cutting torch rig on cutting thick metal. Your average plasma cutter with 40-80 amps cannot reasonably cut really thick metal. The first time you work on your tractor or piece of heavy equipment, and need to cut a bracket or teeth off a loader, you’ll quickly run into a wall. It just won’t cut it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information with us. Islamabad to Gwadar Flights PIA

The style that you write make it really comfortable to read. And the template you use, wow. It is a really good combination. And I am wondering whats the name of the design you use? Load Cell Displays