Thread: 250 EX missing HF Start

1. Default 250 EX missing HF Start

Hello, I recently had a tig job on 1/8 steel tubing.Welder has been sitting unused for a year or so. Worked fine when I used last. Material was degreased,sandblasted and hit with disk and wiped down with acetone. I have no HF start. I can touch off and go but something is not right. Welder was tryed at 70 to 120 amps. Foot pedal.It set at HF start. Is there something I can try to clean up or am I screwed? This was repaired once for No HF start. Out if warranty.

2. Default

Gee,

Maybe you have the gas set with too much velocity. What's your CFH and cup size?

Maybe you have pre-flow set too long. Try none, or .5 sec.

Set to 2T or pedal?

If the HF daughterboard was redone and you haven't used it, then it's probably not the HF gap setting.

It's probably a setting or the pedal connector, I'm guessing.

Please let us all know back how it goes and what it was.
    Everlast 210 EXT (2015)

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

3. Default

I have LPM gas flow gauge. Set at about 8 LPM,#8 cup. 2T pedal. I have a aftermarket pedal,Ss or something or another. I can put switch on but pedal works as far as amp changes.

Maybe you have the gas set with too much velocity. What's your CFH and cup size?

Maybe you have pre-flow set too long. Try none, or .5 sec.

Set to 2T or pedal?

If the HF daughterboard was redone and you haven't used it, then it's probably not the HF gap setting.

It's probably a setting or the pedal connector, I'm guessing.

Please let us all know back how it goes and what it was.[/QUOTE]

4. Default

After pulling machine out of cart and pulling cover, I lightly blew out any dust. Not much if any in there. Tried a .035 feeler gauge and could not get it inside the points. Loosened locknut,readjusted to a slight drag on a 035 feeler gauge. I Reassembled,double checked argon setting and retested. I now have HF start. Ran a few welds and seems to be working good now. Why the points setting changed is beyond me. I do think the points bracket is a little weak. Thanks for the assist!

5. Default

Yeah,

Nice call on checking them anyway.

You solved the mystery!
    Everlast 210 EXT (2015)

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes