Thread: iMig200 vs iMig200e

Default iMig200 vs iMig200e

I was wondering what max output of either of these machines are rated for. I seen somewhere for the 200e stuff like 240v power at 24 volts and 400ipm but I can barely see the spec sheets. Someone also said that the regular iMig200 is a "beast" compared to the 200e. Nothing to do with CC side of the iMig200 at this time but with proper shielding gas would the iMig200 be able to spray transfer easier than the 200e? I think the 200e can reach Spray transfer but I feel like that unit isn't really meant for that type of work. I am not gonna be doing much Spray anyway but knowing one machine can easier than the other would definitely be a factor in deciding on one of the two machines for me. Thanks for any and all replies!!

Neither is rated for spray transfer. You need the Power i MIG 230i for that. The guns would not last long. Nor do you have quite enough unless you do smaller wires than is traditional with spray transfer.

The Power i MIG 200E (E for economy) is only rated for 25% duty cycle at 180 amps. The 200 standard model is rated for 35% @ 200 amps.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by performance View Post
    Neither is rated for spray transfer. You need the Power i MIG 230i for that. The guns would not last long. Nor do you have quite enough unless you do smaller wires than is traditional with spray transfer.

The Power i MIG 200E (E for economy) is only rated for 25% duty cycle at 180 amps. The 200 standard model is rated for 35% @ 200 amps.
    I guess that answers the main question tho… the regular 200 has just a bit more power output... which is kinda what I was figuring. I will download the manuals for the 200 and take a look, I also noticed I downloaded the 200e manual and it was linked wrong and ended up being for the 140e. Ill check again. Im am more and more leaning towards the regular 200.. but for some reason I am in love with the simplicity of the 200e. Also they must be pretty popular if they are hard to keep in stock.

Thanks for your reply!

P.S. once I get my wire machine settled and in working order I plan to purchase a AC/DC TiG machine with adjustable frequency and Pulse. I cant wait. Very excited to be a Everlast customer. I have a fellow at work that is looking for a nice plasma machine and he is loving what Everlast has to offer especially the prices and warranty you guys offer.