Share
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 'Gas saver' for 9 and 29 series

  1. #1

    Default 'Gas saver' for 9 and 29 series

    Does anyone have experience with these? And - will they fit the 9 and 20 series Everlast torches?

    Thanks, Meant to type "9 and 20 series"

    Bill C

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CK D2GS116-P.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	13405


    If I had gone to the CK web site to start with the question would have been answered! Yes - this works with the CK 9 and 20 series torches.
    Last edited by BillC; 05-07-2016 at 02:54 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Here is a much less expensive option that works just as well...
    Normal size gas lenses for 9/20 http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-torch...or-wp-9-20-25/
    Normal size cups for 9/20 http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-torch...torch-9-20-25/
    Large gas lenses for 9/20 http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-torch...or-wp-9-20-25/
    Large cups for any size torch including 9/20 http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-torch...-lens-53n-57n/

    I use a standard gas lens for everything I tig with either a #5 or #8 cup. 3/32" 2% lanthanated tungsten will do most jobs. For thick aluminum I switch to 1/8" 2% lanthanated.
    I like the CK wedge collets much better than standard ones and they work well with the generic gas lenses above.
    Here are a few pics of my torches. The first shows the difference in CK wedge and standard generic collets. The second is my CK 130F with a generic gas lens assembly from weldingcity and a switch that I added to the handle. The third pic is the torch that came with my 250EX (never used it), a CK 210 with generic gas lens assembly, a generic #9 with gas lens and the CK 130F from the second pic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1200.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	13406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1207.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	13407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1213 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	13408
    2013 250EX : SSC Pedal : I-MIG 250P 20' Profax gun : Power Plasma 60 p80 torch : 3M Speedglas 9100XX : Evolution Rage 3 DB cold saw

  3. #3

    Default

    Zoama,

    Thanks for the info - good stuff! This is a new ball game for me because I welded years ago with a Lincoln 300-300 TIG machine....the Lincoln 'ton of bricks'. Anyhow this IGBT 255EXT machine is much more sophisticated therefore I have much to learn. Thanks again! (I've saved the links!)

  4. Default

    I gotta say though,,,, that Pyrex cup is an interesting improvement. There are times when I'm deep into an inside corner and feel like it's really giving me a different perspective

    I have the kit with both Long and short Pyrex cups, and although they're expensive (you really curse when the torch drops on the table) I'm glad I have them...

  5. #5

    Default

    I ordered the 1/16 set with the pyrex cup, it makes a lot of sense to be able to see what you're doing even if only a little bit better.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillC View Post
    I ordered the 1/16 set with the pyrex cup, it makes a lot of sense to be able to see what you're doing even if only a little bit better.
    With a gas lens you can extend the tungsten in tight spots for better reach and view. The parts are so cheep, it's nice to have them on hand if you need them. Here's the best deal I've found on tungsten http://www.amazon.com/ABN-Tungsten-E...ilpage_o08_s00
    2013 250EX : SSC Pedal : I-MIG 250P 20' Profax gun : Power Plasma 60 p80 torch : 3M Speedglas 9100XX : Evolution Rage 3 DB cold saw

  7. #7

    Default

    Welding City has the same price and free shipping. But the Prime option (two days) is nice. Amazon is starting to take over everything..
    Mike R.
    Email: admineverlast@everlastwelders.com
    www.everlastgenerators.com
    www.everlastwelders.com
    877-755-9353 x203
    M-F 12 - 7PM PST
    FYI: PP50, PP80, IMIG-200, IMIG-250P, 210EXT and 255EXT.

  8. #8

    Default

    Don't forget we have basic gas lens kits and they come with tungsten!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by performance View Post
    Don't forget we have basic gas lens kits and they come with tungsten!
    Dang sure do!

  10. #10

    Default

    What luck! Welding some aluminum, had one of the 'gas saver' set-ups on the 20 series torch with the nice Pyrex see through cup. It's a good set-up but I didn't cinch down on the collet to hold the tungsten so it just slipped out onto the floor - which I did not notice! This el-cheap-o self darkening helmet lens was dark when it shouldn't have been so when there was no visible arc I just put the hammer down - peddle to the metal. The high frequency arc found the little screens in the gas saver and made them into little blobs of stainless steel where the screens used to be. The collet is a wedge tip instead of a split collet so takes considerably more pressure to hold the tungsten. Ho-hum...

    Point is - when three things are screwing up at the same time - something is going to be destroyed...

    Thanks,
    BillC

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillC View Post
    What luck! Welding some aluminum, had one of the 'gas saver' set-ups on the 20 series torch with the nice Pyrex see through cup. It's a good set-up but I didn't cinch down on the collet to hold the tungsten so it just slipped out onto the floor - which I did not notice! This el-cheap-o self darkening helmet lens was dark when it shouldn't have been so when there was no visible arc I just put the hammer down - peddle to the metal. The high frequency arc found the little screens in the gas saver and made them into little blobs of stainless steel where the screens used to be. The collet is a wedge tip instead of a split collet so takes considerably more pressure to hold the tungsten. Ho-hum...

    Point is - when three things are screwing up at the same time - something is going to be destroyed...

    Thanks,
    BillC
    I prefer the wedge collets over standard. I've never had a slippage problem.
    2013 250EX : SSC Pedal : I-MIG 250P 20' Profax gun : Power Plasma 60 p80 torch : 3M Speedglas 9100XX : Evolution Rage 3 DB cold saw

  12. #12

    Default

    I received some information that the "pyrex" lenses are just cut up test tube material. hmmmm.......

  13. #13

    Default

    Quartz, works fine,real fun to cut to length need good diamond impregnated wheel,not glued to steel back stuff. The dust

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by performance View Post
    I received some information that the "pyrex" lenses are just cut up test tube material. hmmmm.......
    Nope, test tubes are not a third the thickness of these Pyrex lenses.

Similar Threads

  1. Using gas saver kits by c/k -input-
    By Frank in forum General Welding Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 02:02 PM
  2. Gas Saver set?
    By Trip59 in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 03:31 AM
  3. 25' CK26 Torch w/ gas saver kit and Dinse connector
    By Injected65 in forum Buy, Sale or Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 04:24 PM
  4. Quick time saver tip.
    By A/C Guy in forum Other Custom Fabrications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 12:51 PM
  5. New Super series and Cut-D series update
    By everlast_support in forum Everlast Announcements, Contests and Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •