Share
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: 2012 Power Tig 200DX

  1. Default 2012 Power Tig 200DX

    So I've had the 200DX for about 3 years. I used it probably 25 times just to weld aluminum. Let me say it did a very nice job. Yesterday I went to use it and the tank was low I tried to do some aluminum welding and it would only go up to 25 amps. I then went and got the tank filled and the same thing happened. After talking with ( I believe Ray ) at Tech support he thinks just the High Freak is working and I had to send it back for repairs. It was 230 for shipping and I'm being told 4 to 6 week turn around. I'm glad its still under warranty but I hope this doesn't turn into a reoccurring thing. I will post more as this unfolds.

  2. #2

    Default

    Spanky,

    That shipping is way too high. Where did you and how did you ship it? Usually no more than 60 bucks or so.

  3. #3

    Default

    Maybe it was a pack and ship place. I have heard of people paying $80-$90 on the bigger machines. But $230 is really high.
    Mike R.
    Email: admineverlast@everlastwelders.com
    www.everlastgenerators.com
    www.everlastwelders.com
    877-755-9353 x203
    M-F 12 - 7PM PST
    FYI: PP50, PP80, IMIG-200, IMIG-250P, 210EXT and 255EXT.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by everlastsupport View Post
    But $230 is really high.
    Even from Alaska or Hawaii.
    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  5. Default

    shipped from east TN. by UPS. I couldn't insure it unless they packed it. I had to pay shipping both ways and insurance at $1300. I hope they fix it because it wasn't cheap to send it .

  6. Default

    When I sent my unit in for repair, UPS ground was about $120 from north Texas. It would have been a little cheaper if I had taken it to the UPS office at the airport. Instead I used the local pack and mail place.

  7. Default

    update,: still waiting, I see they received it on the 22nd of June but, haven't got any word on if their fixing it or what was wrong with it. I wonder if they will call, email or just send it back?
    RV8GUY was that shipping 1 way or both , was it insured?
    I checked around and that is the going price for shipping to ID at 85lbs and size of the box.
    Last edited by spanky; 07-01-2015 at 04:55 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    shipped from east TN. by UPS. I couldn't insure it unless they packed it. I had to pay shipping both ways and insurance at $1300. I hope they fix it because it wasn't cheap to send it .
    For both ways that makes a little more sense. Still seems high, but if you don't have a shipping account They kinda nail you. If you look through the repair threads here, you can get an idea of how long you might have to wait.
    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  9. #9

    Default

    The wait can be a pain if a bad issue. But it will get fixed. On the NO SHIPPING ACCOUNT, maybe call and buy a shipping label from Everlast if Oleg will do that. He's a fair guy and that would help for sure. Price they paid is still way high.
    Mike R.
    Email: admineverlast@everlastwelders.com
    www.everlastgenerators.com
    www.everlastwelders.com
    877-755-9353 x203
    M-F 12 - 7PM PST
    FYI: PP50, PP80, IMIG-200, IMIG-250P, 210EXT and 255EXT.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by everlastsupport View Post
    On the NO SHIPPING ACCOUNT, maybe call and buy a shipping label from Everlast if Oleg will do that. He's a fair guy and that would help for sure.
    That would be a great service to offer. I know I had to send a heavy leather motorcycle jacket back across the country. The UPS store quoted $24, the place I bought it sent me a prepaid label for $9 for the same package.
    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  11. Default

    Good info!!

  12. Default

    Its been 5 weeks no word at all, nothing , did anyone recived it? or is someone fixing it?,, nothing. I think I will make a call tomorrow.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Its been 5 weeks no word at all, nothing , did anyone recived it? or is someone fixing it?,, nothing. I think I will make a call tomorrow.
    Check your tracking number to see if/when it got there.
    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  14. #14

    Default

    And send me a pm with your info. I've already posted this to the attention of the higher powers that be. Please include real name and number and date/ra number if possible. I'll get you some active information on this.

  15. Default

    called yesterday talked with ray. He said they wouldn't get to it until the 3rd of Aug.

  16. #16

    Default

    Send your info on anyway. This is the only way I can help keep tabs and make sure you get what is promised.

  17. Default

    well, just got off the phone with Ray again same speech, now they can't get to it until this week. is everyone's experience this bad with everlast? maybe they need to hire some more repair techs?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    well, just got off the phone with Ray again same speech, now they can't get to it until this week. is everyone's experience this bad with everlast? maybe they need to hire some more repair techs?
    spanky

    if everyone would have bad experience with us we wouldn't be doing business since 2004
    usually we need 1-2 weeks with the unit MAX , yours is little delayed and will be done this week .
    will cover shipping back since its our fault
    Oleg Gladshteyn
    Phone: 650 588 8082 / 877 755 WELD
    Cell: 415 613 6664 ONLY IF YOU REALLY NEED IT
    Email: oleg@everlastwelders.com
    Website www.everlastgenerators.com

    www.linkedin.com/pub/oleg-gladshteyn/48/b08/875

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    So I've had the 200DX for about 3 years. I used it probably 25 times just to weld aluminum. Let me say it did a very nice job. Yesterday I went to use it and the tank was low I tried to do some aluminum welding and it would only go up to 25 amps. I then went and got the tank filled and the same thing happened. After talking with ( I believe Ray ) at Tech support he thinks just the High Freak is working and I had to send it back for repairs. It was 230 for shipping and I'm being told 4 to 6 week turn around. I'm glad its still under warranty but I hope this doesn't turn into a reoccurring thing. I will post more as this unfolds.
    shipping with UPS is 1$ per LBS and should be around 60$ .
    Oleg Gladshteyn
    Phone: 650 588 8082 / 877 755 WELD
    Cell: 415 613 6664 ONLY IF YOU REALLY NEED IT
    Email: oleg@everlastwelders.com
    Website www.everlastgenerators.com

    www.linkedin.com/pub/oleg-gladshteyn/48/b08/875

  20. Default

    Got the unit back and it works. I was told they replaced a power board. The shipping was paid both ways. Oleg if you would like to credit my paypal for the shipping back I will send you my info again, Just PM Me.

Similar Threads

  1. Power I-Tig 200DX
    By nitris223 in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 04:17 AM
  2. New Power Tig 200DX HF question
    By willida in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-16-2012, 07:46 PM
  3. 2012 Model Powertig 200dx control panel
    By bnun12 in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 08:02 PM
  4. Newbie with a Power TIG 200DX
    By Aspen in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
  5. Power TIG 200DX
    By the forge in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •