Share
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Harley Davidson cam turned into third hand tool

  1. #1

    Default Harley Davidson cam turned into third hand tool

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harley cam third hand tool.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	11253 After watching Jodie I was inspired to make this ... oh BTW I made a cheesy video about it too. http://youtu.be/qYJfN6O7nv4 Yes, that is a SS prosthetic eye I made that I'm wearing in the video and you are right ... I'm strange.
    Powertig 200DX
    Lincoln 180c
    Hobart Handler 125
    Miller Thunderbolt
    and a bunch of other tools

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Hey, Winky, haven't heard from you in a while- welcome back!

    You *made* the prosthetic? Good on ya! Can't really tell in the video- nice job!
    DaveO
    Oxweld oxy acet gear
    IMIG 200
    PowerTIG 210 EXT... Amazing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winky View Post
    Yes, that is a SS prosthetic eye I made that I'm wearing in the video and you are right ... I'm strange.
    Nah, strange would be if you made it with a glowing red LED, terminator style.
    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  4. #4

    Default

    I liked your video including the music. Did you make the prosthesis from 316L and does the weight of it bother you ?
    2013 250EX : SSC Pedal : I-MIG 250P 20' Profax gun : Power Plasma 60 p80 torch : 3M Speedglas 9100XX : Evolution Rage 3 DB cold saw

  5. #5

    Default

    The weight doesn't bother me ... I should have used 316 but I didn't have any ... not sure what grade stainless it is ... I don't wear it for very long at a time.
    Powertig 200DX
    Lincoln 180c
    Hobart Handler 125
    Miller Thunderbolt
    and a bunch of other tools

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambozo View Post
    Nah, strange would be if you made it with a glowing red LED, terminator style.
    Thought about that ... no room for the battery lol
    Powertig 200DX
    Lincoln 180c
    Hobart Handler 125
    Miller Thunderbolt
    and a bunch of other tools

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
    Hey, Winky, haven't heard from you in a while- welcome back!

    You *made* the prosthetic? Good on ya! Can't really tell in the video- nice job!
    Thought it was better than an eye patch or empty socket ... they want way too much money for a plastic one ... four figures ... ouch!
    Powertig 200DX
    Lincoln 180c
    Hobart Handler 125
    Miller Thunderbolt
    and a bunch of other tools

  8. #8

    Default

    Been trying to post a pic of a gate I just made but it isn't uploading. aaaagghhh! denied access to my profile . setting etc???????

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winky View Post
    ... they want way too much money for a plastic one ... four figures ... ouch!
    I missed this post from mid-November. This reminds me of a radio story I heard some time back, featuring a guy with a 3-D printer that was making prosthetic limbs at a small fraction of their ordinary retail price and making them available to people who wouldn't be able to obtain them otherwise.

    Not sure what's happening with denied access to your profile. There are changes to the website in progress, though, maybe something related to that.
    DaveO
    Oxweld oxy acet gear
    IMIG 200
    PowerTIG 210 EXT... Amazing!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
    I missed this post from mid-November. This reminds me of a radio story I heard some time back, featuring a guy with a 3-D printer that was making prosthetic limbs at a small fraction of their ordinary retail price and making them available to people who wouldn't be able to obtain them otherwise.

    Not sure what's happening with denied access to your profile. There are changes to the website in progress, though, maybe something related to that.
    Not sure what was going on but I was denied access myself for a while???
    Powertig 200DX
    Lincoln 180c
    Hobart Handler 125
    Miller Thunderbolt
    and a bunch of other tools

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Whine Country, California
    Posts
    442

    Default

    This is a great idea, thanks for posting it, Winky. I have an old VW cam I'm going use to copy your idea. And to think of all the time I spent trying come up with a use for it...
    Andy
    New Everlast PowerTig 250EX that is begging for me to come up with a few welding projects so it can stretch it's legs. Did someone say aluminum???

    MISC. TOOLS:
    Atlas 618 lathe
    Milwaukee Porta Band with custom made stand
    Dewalt 4-1/2" angle grinder
    Dewalt 14" chop saw

    Strong Hand Nomad portable table
    Juki sewing machine I've had for years (yes I know sewing is for girls)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by youngnstudly View Post
    This is a great idea, thanks for posting it, Winky. I have an old VW cam I'm going use to copy your idea. And to think of all the time I spent trying come up with a use for it...
    I did find a use for some VW connecting rods...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VW1.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	11367 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VW2.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	11366
    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambozo View Post
    I did find a use for some VW connecting rods...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VW1.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	11367 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VW2.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	11366
    I like that ... I need t make a holder too ... my store bought one broke and I don't weld plastic.
    Powertig 200DX
    Lincoln 180c
    Hobart Handler 125
    Miller Thunderbolt
    and a bunch of other tools

  14. #14

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fence panel  gate 1.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	11466 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fence panel  gate 2.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	11467 Been off the "day job" for about half a year ... stressed out can't work for the man anymore ... (PTSD issues) so I've fabricating to try to bring in some survival money here as a couple gates I've made. BTW Merry Christmas everyone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada, Suttonwest, Ontario
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winky View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fence panel  gate 1.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	11466 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fence panel  gate 2.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	11467 Been off the "day job" for about half a year ... stressed out can't work for the man anymore ... (PTSD issues) so I've fabricating to try to bring in some survival money here as a couple gates I've made. BTW Merry Christmas everyone.
    Good uses of a wheel just like the old wagon wheels in 50 year it will be worth something.
    Everlast PowerTig 325EXT (Canada)
    Everlast Power I Mig 250 (Canada)
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80S (Canada)
    Everlast PowerCool W300 (Canada)
    Everlast PowerMTS 250S Fitted with a 30A Spoolgun(Canada)
    Miller Dynasty 400 wireless(Canada)
    Millermatic 252 plus 30A Spoolgun(Canada)

  16. Default

    Very cool and unique ideas you have. Thats why I love the web and these type forums so much. A brain trust of some cool and unique ideas!

    Keep up the good work.

    Glenn in GA

Similar Threads

  1. Clod Buster Hand Tool Build.
    By fyidiy in forum Other Custom Fabrications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2014, 06:24 AM
  2. 2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200 Sportster
    By jp2code in forum Truck, Car and Bike builds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM
  3. One-off Harley fender project #1
    By hooda in forum On Road Fabrication
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 09:39 PM
  4. Turbocharged Harley Davidson Stainless TIG welding
    By jakeru in forum On Road Fabrication
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 12:03 AM
  5. This is why I'm here. Pics. Old harley TIG
    By hooda in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 02:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •