Share
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Almost a good experience.

  1. #1

    Default Almost a good experience.

    Hi,

    I was sad after recieving my 210ext to find out that a gas supply female coupling is not supplied with the unit.
    To not include a female gas coupling with each of these machine's is dumb.
    To not inform the customer that a female coupling is the second item they will need to hook up and operate the machine is also dumb.
    The first being the proper power plug for their situatation etc.
    What is the likelyhood of someone having a compatable fitting laying around to instantly make use of the new welder? Of course we could open the unit and adapt to what's needed but for less than $5.00 the unit could have been used right out of the box without placing the warranty in jepardy by removing covers etc...

    Hope your management team is making better decisions on other products. They sure missed the mark on this particular aspect.

    Can someone email me the part # or technical specification for this item? I will take the time to order and await delivery of the fitting and hopefully soon I will be able to try out my new welder.

    Keep up the good work
    Ed

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    All the components to hook up the gas should have been included. I suspect that because of some recent changes, somehow a part was left out of your box. I'm sure if you give support a call, they will get the missing part right out to you. The gas was formerly a hose barb, so no fitting was required.
    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  3. #3

    Default

    Post up a picture of the back of teh welder at teh gas connection. I'm curious as to how the gas line is attached.
    Everlast 200DX
    Everlast PT185
    Shoptask 3-in-1 (not currently in my garage, but I own it...)

    Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
    4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.35mph 1/4 mile

  4. #4

    Default

    Have you called and told them it was missing? As to the first issue you cite...We do tell customers they will need a plug on many units. In fact we have videos up with it dealing with those issues. We've started putting plugs on many of our units, but the 210ext still needs one. But so many are cut off and replaced as it is to fit different plugs...We're putting the standard welder plug on many units, but people call in and argue with us about why it won't fit THEIR plug and complain they will have to cut it off and put another one on as it is.
    Last edited by performance; 09-25-2013 at 11:21 AM.

  5. Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	10892


    unfortunately it is the ones that know that least the seem to complain the loudest. i can never understand why they take their complaints to a message board rather than picking up the phone and speaking with a decision maker. plugs and fittings are a fact of life with welding. on my truck i have at least 20 plugs, extension cords, whatever. let them buy their own plugs and then their can be no complaints. think tomorrow if i have time i'll lay out those plugs and take a pic. as far as fitting go here is a shot of one case. i have a couple of coffee jars full of them also. the shot of the cords, etc hanging is just what's in the garage. it's the stuff that gets used infrequently. a missing fitting.....chill out.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010838.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	10890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0123.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	10891
    Last edited by fdcmiami; 09-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fdcmiami View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	10892


    unfortunately it is the ones that know that least the seem to complain the loudest. i can never understand why they take their complaints to a message board rather than picking up the phone and speaking with a decision maker. plugs and fittings are a fact of life with welding. on my truck i have at least 20 plugs, extension cords, whatever. let them buy their own plugs and then their can be no complaints. think tomorrow if i have time i'll lay out those plugs and take a pic. as far as fitting go here is a shot of one case. i have a couple of coffee jars full of them also. the shot of the cords, etc hanging is just what's in the garage. it's the stuff that gets used infrequently. a missing fitting.....chill out.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010838.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	10890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0123.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	10891
    I thought my box of fittings was impressive but you win. You also win in the category of amount of copper hanging on the wall.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Whine Country, California
    Posts
    442

    Default

    After I placed an order for my 160 STH and it was delivered, I realized that I received my welder without the foot pedal. One email was sent to Oleg during his lunch break, he responded within 15 minutes, apologized, and told me it would be sent out by 2:00 that afternoon. By 2:30 I had a tracking number from Everlast via email, and less than 24 hours later the pedal was in my hand.

    Moral of the story is call or email them first, then post your buying experience on here (regardless of it turning out good or bad). Other Everlast "newbies" come on here and read these reviews to help them make a decision about buying from Everlast, and many folks are already "on the fence" about purchasing a "Chinese welder." Do you think minor situations like this don't come up when someone spends 2 or 3 times as much as you did when buying a Lincoln or Miller welder? Mistakes happen. Be thankful UPS didn't destroy the package during shipping, or that your only missing part was the fitting.
    Last edited by youngnstudly; 09-25-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Andy
    New Everlast PowerTig 250EX that is begging for me to come up with a few welding projects so it can stretch it's legs. Did someone say aluminum???

    MISC. TOOLS:
    Atlas 618 lathe
    Milwaukee Porta Band with custom made stand
    Dewalt 4-1/2" angle grinder
    Dewalt 14" chop saw

    Strong Hand Nomad portable table
    Juki sewing machine I've had for years (yes I know sewing is for girls)

  8. Default

    Y & S, that's a perfect example of how to handle a problem. this happened to me yesterday. i ordered five carbide burrs for aluminum off of ebay. i did not buy from the regular place i order from because i was able to get a bundle of five for a pretty good price. i ordered thursday night and got them on monday. the site i used has a long history and excellent rating.

    so i am leaving home to get my truck on tuesday am and i go to pick up the burrs and one falls to the floor. it was dark as i had killed the lights getting ready to leave.
    i get to the shop and i am going to wallow out a hole in some half inch al flatbar and i pull out the burrs and what do i see. (see pic) the one i dropped to the floor from app 40 inches is broken in half. weird but with hardened tools it can happen.

    so, what to do. took a couple of pics, sent them in an email to the co., guy emails me back within minutes with an apology and three different solutions to the problem.
    so i opted for choice number two and they credited my pay pal account for one half the price of the order. i thanked him as i was certainly happy with the outcome.

    what struck me was that he thanked me for not going on the feedback site and giving the company negative feedback, i wouldn't have done that without first trying to resolve the issue but that is the way a lot of people are.

    the moral of the story is #### happens and unless you plan on living in a cave it is going to happen to you on occasion. so get over it and get on with it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0732.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	10893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0736.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	10894
    Last edited by fdcmiami; 09-26-2013 at 12:20 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Whine Country, California
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fdcmiami View Post
    Y & S, that's a perfect example of how to handle a problem. this happened to me yesterday. i ordered five carbide burrs for aluminum off of ebay. i did not buy from the regular place i order from because i was able to get a bundle of five for a pretty good price. i ordered thursday night and got them on monday. the site i used has a long history and excellent rating.

    so i am leaving home to get my truck on tuesday am and i go to pick up the burrs and one falls to the floor. it was dark as i had killed the lights getting ready to leave.
    i get to the shop and i am going to wallow out a hole in some half inch al flatbar and i pull out the burrs and what do i see. (see pic) the one i dropped to the floor from app 40 inches is broken in half. weird but with hardened tools it can happen.

    so, what to do. took a couple of pics, sent them in an email to the co., guy emails me back within minutes with an apology and three different solutions to the problem.
    so i opted for choice number two and they credited my pay pal account for one half the price of the order. i thanked him as i was certainly happy with the outcome.

    what struck me was that he thanked me for not going on the feedback site and giving the company negative feedback, i wouldn't have done that without first trying to resolve the issue but that is the way a lot of people are.
    Ebay seems to attract the dumbest people for some reason! I don't know how much things have changed, but when I last checked the negative feedback for Everlast on Ebay, most of the feedback was the stupidest you could have come up with!

    Aside from the few buyers who left negative feedback with a comment like "Great welder, very happy!" (obviously NOT an unhappy customer), most of the other complaints were from buyers not reading about the extended handling time (that was clearly listed in the description), OR they were mad about the time it took UPS to deliver the item after it was shipped from Everlast! That would be a problem for UPS!

    How many of these "issues" could have been handled over the phone or by email, yet most chose to sit back idly and do nothing but complain? Common sense here, that's all it takes! Get to the bottom of things, then fly off the handle with accusations on a public forum when they don't resolve the issue you have with them!

    As my father says, "Our economy is in a state of emergency. We have NO TIME FOR COMMON SENSE!"
    Andy
    New Everlast PowerTig 250EX that is begging for me to come up with a few welding projects so it can stretch it's legs. Did someone say aluminum???

    MISC. TOOLS:
    Atlas 618 lathe
    Milwaukee Porta Band with custom made stand
    Dewalt 4-1/2" angle grinder
    Dewalt 14" chop saw

    Strong Hand Nomad portable table
    Juki sewing machine I've had for years (yes I know sewing is for girls)

  10. #10

    Default

    Shiite happens,,,when ever you get angry and write something,,,it's best to sleep on it before you mail it,,,and try and resolve it pleasantly,,,there is and old saying- "it's tough to kiss the lips that have been chewing on your butt all day"...I wish I could follow my own advice more often...would lead to better results...
    Some of those lies people tell about me, are true

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fdcmiami View Post
    ...so, what to do. took a couple of pics, sent them in an email to the co., guy emails me back within minutes with an apology and three different solutions to the problem.
    so i opted for choice number two and they credited my pay pal account for one half the price of the order. i thanked him as i was certainly happy with the outcome.
    Fortunately, there are a few businesses left out there that still take pride in customer service. The internet ordering process makes it very easy to overlook the human side of a sales transaction, but it's nice to feel like the guy taking your money actually cares if you're satisfied in the end.

    I've been shipped the wrong part before, but I've also ordered the wrong part and asked to return it. If I can screw up my own order, I should anticipate the possibility that the someone else might too! How the situation is handled determines who gets my business next time.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportbike View Post
    Post up a picture of the back of teh welder at teh gas connection. I'm curious as to how the gas line is attached.
    The connection looks like this:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-qu...plings/=oo3pgl

    The male end is permanently fixed to the back of the machine; the female has a barbed connection to mount to the hose. The female side is a sleeve-lock, about 1.75" overall length, looks like a quick-connect you'd find on an air compressor.
    DaveO
    Oxweld oxy acet gear
    IMIG 200
    PowerTIG 210 EXT... Amazing!

  13. #13

    Default

    Well, this is what I did. As my ITIG-210EXT also came without the female supply fitting.

    1) I sent an email to sales@everlastwelders.com and got one on the way.

    2) Then, took a small hose clamp, slid it over the hose, slid the hose over the male on the back of the machine, clamped it and got to welding with it within a couple of minutes.. Happy happy happy.

    Now, it is maybe 9 months or more ago. I have not to date bothered to remove the hose clamp, since I pull the regulator when the tank is empty anyway. I just leave it attached full time, but I have extra tanks and regulators, and do not need to pull a tank and regulator for another machine.

    I see no reason for such a negative post over a simple thing though.

    I have FDC beat on fittings, but he kicks my tail on the cords.

    FYI, I bought some lincoln burr files, "after" I mailed the ebay guy twice and no response. But I had bought from him before. Figure, good experience before, has website, been around a long time. I will get 3 and try them (they were cheap, was trying to leverage shipping price and get a bunch). The are a waste of money. I can't find the old Marquette brand anymore, but they were great, used them for years. And, of all things, I bought them many times from that same seller. Anyone have a preferred brand?? He will not be selling me anything again. Not posting the website unless asked as I do not want to sent him business either.
    Mike R.
    Email: admineverlast@everlastwelders.com
    www.everlastgenerators.com
    www.everlastwelders.com
    877-755-9353 x203
    M-F 12 - 7PM PST
    FYI: PP50, PP80, IMIG-200, IMIG-250P, 210EXT and 255EXT.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
    The connection looks like this:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-qu...plings/=oo3pgl

    The male end is permanently fixed to the back of the machine; the female has a barbed connection to mount to the hose. The female side is a sleeve-lock, about 1.75" overall length, looks like a quick-connect you'd find on an air compressor.
    That would be more convenient. I may swap my 200DX and PT185 out for quick connects to make it simpler to switch between them.
    Everlast 200DX
    Everlast PT185
    Shoptask 3-in-1 (not currently in my garage, but I own it...)

    Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
    4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.35mph 1/4 mile

  15. Default

    Contrary to some replies to this thread, I believe this posting is appropriate. When someone buys a product they have expectations. When I bought my 250EX, the product info disclosed that there was no connector supplied. I was then fully prepared for it and bought a new 6-50P. However, the torch did not have the male fittings for attachment to the cooler, and since I bought a cooler, I expected these fitting to be present. A call to customer service had two connectors on their way, but it was a three day delay.

    Obviously, I like the Everlast product and currently own 2 machines with a 3rd on the way. I give the company high marks in their product line, customer service, and tech support. Also, they deserve major kudos for providing this forum, which at times can be critical. Potential customers read these threads, and the wisdom of Everlast knows that, thus apparently, there is a commitment to continuously improve.

    The OP of this thread seems intelligent enough, and probably knew to contact customer service without being told. But, he was also very disappointed to receive the product with missing parts. While some may consider this to be acceptable, others do not, and I'm sure the folks at Everlast fall into the latter category.

    Nils

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportbike View Post
    That would be more convenient. I may swap my 200DX and PT185 out for quick connects to make it simpler to switch between them.
    Another option, cut the gas line about a 6" from the back of the units and add a barb-type-quick-connect there (of your choice), like a little hose whip. I've done that in the past, then no missing with the units, and add the female to the hose from the regulator.

    I always to that on the plasma cutters. And have for the TIG/MIGs.
    Mike R.
    Email: admineverlast@everlastwelders.com
    www.everlastgenerators.com
    www.everlastwelders.com
    877-755-9353 x203
    M-F 12 - 7PM PST
    FYI: PP50, PP80, IMIG-200, IMIG-250P, 210EXT and 255EXT.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by everlastsupport View Post
    Another option, cut the gas line about a 6" from the back of the units and add a barb-type-quick-connect there (of your choice), like a little hose whip. I've done that in the past, then no missing with the units, and add the female to the hose from the regulator.

    I always to that on the plasma cutters. And have for the TIG/MIGs.
    Good idea on the little hose whip. I plan to get a small argon bottle to take to the track, but for now I will load and take my 155cf.

    Or I could jsut get another 155 and mount in in my trailer...hmmm...certainly would work well on those, Oh ####, I am out of argon nights...
    Everlast 200DX
    Everlast PT185
    Shoptask 3-in-1 (not currently in my garage, but I own it...)

    Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
    4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.35mph 1/4 mile

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportbike View Post
    Or I could just get another 155 and mount in in my trailer...hmmm...certainly would work well on those, Oh ####, I am out of argon nights...
    Been there. Having two is a great piece of mind. And the 155 you can move pretty easy too.
    Mike R.
    Email: admineverlast@everlastwelders.com
    www.everlastgenerators.com
    www.everlastwelders.com
    877-755-9353 x203
    M-F 12 - 7PM PST
    FYI: PP50, PP80, IMIG-200, IMIG-250P, 210EXT and 255EXT.

Similar Threads

  1. my experience
    By john_electro in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 04:49 AM
  2. Wonderful Buying Experience
    By Kendall in forum Customer Testimonials
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 01:59 AM
  3. New Guy first experience Tig welding
    By vettebob in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
  4. New member from ND purchase experience
    By thehagg501 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  5. Not a good first customer service experience !!!
    By loose1 in forum Multi-Process Units (TIG,Stick,Plasma/MIG,TIG,Stick Combo units)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 03:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •