Share
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: A little somthing different.

  1. #21

    Default

    That KTM is the bomb!

  2. Default

    I've got an old 2001 yz426. The thing won't stop running. Still starts second kick every time cold. One kick warm, and valve tolerances haven't moved since I got it.
    New to welding!
    Lots of Snap-On tools
    In need of more toys

  3. #23

    Default

    I love my WR. YZ's are good for dirt, but suck for street. I rode a 06 YZ450 supermoto last week. That thing is not made for the streets. It was too temperamental.

    I have bout a set of dirt wheels for really cheap, that I am going to steal the hubs off of.

    All I need now is spokes, rims, and a front brake caliper. And I'll be riding again.
    Purple Fabricator 211i

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 225 View Post
    I love my WR. YZ's are good for dirt, but suck for street. I rode a 06 YZ450 supermoto last week. That thing is not made for the streets. It was too temperamental.

    I have bout a set of dirt wheels for really cheap, that I am going to steal the hubs off of.

    All I need now is spokes, rims, and a front brake caliper. And I'll be riding again.
    Tempramental in a motor or suspension sense? I know the ignition timing is backed off on WR's making them a little less crude. But the yz's are fun as can be offload probably a bit much on pavement though

    Just put 2006 dual cartridge forks on mine, made a world of difference for like $100.
    New to welding!
    Lots of Snap-On tools
    In need of more toys

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncsugrad2006 View Post
    Tempramental in a motor or suspension sense? I know the ignition timing is backed off on WR's making them a little less crude. But the yz's are fun as can be offload probably a bit much on pavement though

    Just put 2006 dual cartridge forks on mine, made a world of difference for like $100.
    I am talking about motor.

    My suspension is Ohlins TTX rear shock and RXF Factory forks. Valved for supermoto. Way more stiffer than off road setup.

    If you ever want to get your suspension set for your weight and riding style, contact David@fastbikeindustries.com

    Tell him 225 sent you.
    Purple Fabricator 211i

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 225 View Post
    I have bout a set of dirt wheels for really cheap, that I am going to steal the hubs off of.

    All I need now is spokes, rims, and a front brake caliper. And I'll be riding again.
    Hubs, spokes, rims- you're building wheels from scratch? Years back I built a set of wheels for my road bike (that is to say, bicycle)- really gives you a feel for the art and science of wheels. Is it common for motorcyclists to build wheels, or is it a matter of really being into it?
    DaveO
    Oxweld oxy acet gear
    IMIG 200
    PowerTIG 210 EXT... Amazing!

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
    Hubs, spokes, rims- you're building wheels from scratch? Years back I built a set of wheels for my road bike (that is to say, bicycle)- really gives you a feel for the art and science of wheels. Is it common for motorcyclists to build wheels, or is it a matter of really being into it?
    Yes, I am building them from scratch. You can buy them built, and most guys don't do their own wheels.

    But they have to be special built no matter what. The rear rim for supermoto wheels is 5" wide, plus a 160mm wide tire. Tp prevent chain rub, the offset of the rear rim has to be custom set, being put in such a narrow swing arm. So I do them myself. It's not hard, just VERY time consuming.

    A supermoto is a very un-natural motorcycle. It basically breaks every rule on building motorcycles. They aren't very fast as far as top speed goes, but carry more corner speed than a 160hp sport bike.

    Let's say a sport bike can only take a certain curve at 50mph, I can take the same corner wide open in 5th, doing 90mph.
    Last edited by 225; 05-20-2012 at 02:57 AM.
    Purple Fabricator 211i

  8. #28

    Default

    Just waiting on wheels to get here Thursday:

    Purple Fabricator 211i

  9. Default

    Black frame looks especially awesome
    New to welding!
    Lots of Snap-On tools
    In need of more toys

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 225 View Post
    Just waiting on wheels to get here Thursday:
    Love the color scheme. Can't wait to see the pictures with the wheels on!
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

    Everlast PowerTIG 185 Micro IGBT AC/DC Welder

  11. Default A little somthing different

    Looking nice neddu I really like your IL62 mod too

    Too bad the SCS Tu-134 is not working for me, the trim and the crew/gauge sounds just dont want to work

    Regards,

    Basten Heidema

    <a href=https://prom-electric.ru/>.</a>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •