Share
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 142

Thread: Everlast 210EXT review and pictures

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Posts
    370

    Default

    So there has not been too much feed back on the 210 EXT. How has the machine been working for thes with the machine?
    Miller 252
    PowerTig 250 EXT
    Evolution Rage 2
    48X6 inch Belt Sander w/ 9 inch Disk Sander
    ...

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DVA View Post
    So there has not been too much feed back on the 210 EXT. How has the machine been working for thes with the machine?
    I have one, 210EXT (a couple months now). No complaints at all. You have a direct question about the unit?
    Mike R.
    Email: admineverlast@everlastwelders.com
    www.everlastgenerators.com
    www.everlastwelders.com
    877-755-9353 x203
    M-F 12 - 7PM PST
    FYI: PP50, PP80, IMIG-200, IMIG-250P, 210EXT and 255EXT.

  3. #103

    Default

    Jody has run one for quite a while now, before they were available. He has put up some new videos about it and its performance capability.

  4. #104

    Default

    Although somewhat dated response, the LEDs on the videos are distorted due to the camera. Also, more visable when looking straight on at them. Here are a couple of pics off my phone, the flare is due to the camera, they look fine in real life. (Disregard the slight glow of the upslope and start amp indicators, it is a problem with this particular machine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-24 11.08.49.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	9560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-24 11.09.29.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	9561

  5. Default

    So does the production 210EXT 's front bezel (not the control panel area but lower down) look like the image on the 210EXT product page, or does it look Todd's and Jody's machines? If Big Paulie's picture went a little lower, I'd have my answer. I do like the looks of the machine on the product page.

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimMinKent View Post
    So does the production 210EXT 's front bezel (not the control panel area but lower down) look like the image on the 210EXT product page, or does it look Todd's and Jody's machines? If Big Paulie's picture went a little lower, I'd have my answer. I do like the looks of the machine on the product page.
    It's the production unit.

  7. Default

    Mark, thanks but your answer is not clear. I'll ask this a different way, "if I buy a new 210EXT, what will it look like?". The two possible answers are "Like Todd and Jody's." OR "Like the 210EXT Product page." No fair answering with "Yes".

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimMinKent View Post
    Mark, thanks but your answer is not clear. I'll ask this a different way, "if I buy a new 210EXT, what will it look like?". The two possible answers are "Like Todd and Jody's." OR "Like the 210EXT Product page." No fair answering with "Yes".

    The product page picture is the production unit and is the one Paulie appears to have

  9. #109

    Default

    here you go. Notice the empty wine bottle used for size comparison. (ok, maybe it was used for something else earlier).

    Seriously, although this one has an issue that will be replaced, I am able to navigate/play with the menus, and they are quite intuitive and usable.

    My deciding points were:

    Most of my aluminum TIG work will be thin, so the 1/4" capacity is not an issue. I have a TIG and Spoolgun for big stuff, it is not like I will be TIG welding a trailer.

    Price point was the same as the 225LX and required cooler, or almost the same as the 250EX and Cooler.

    I can tell from the videos, how much noise the 250EX makes, and this is a fraction. (Tradeoff is 40% vs 100% duty cycle at 200amps). This box is seriously quiet.

    I wanted the wave form and advanced pulse for thin aluminum (radiators, sheet metal, etc).

    210EXT has solid state HF vs, mechanical point gap as in the 200-250 series.

    at 40lbs and 30amp circuit, is a little more practical for portability.

    If I were looking for an industrial strength tool, for professional or heavy duty, I would have gone with the 250EX, but I am using it more as a hobbiest, or fabricating for cars, motorcycles, etc.





    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-24 20.19.16.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	9562
    Last edited by Big Paulie; 02-25-2013 at 01:38 AM.

  10. Default

    Thanks for the info men. This is actually a little different than either of the other two cases. Looks good. Can't wait to see the final 255EXT to complete the digital lineup

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimMinKent View Post
    Thanks for the info men. This is actually a little different than either of the other two cases. Looks good. Can't wait to see the final 255EXT to complete the digital lineup
    No, its the same design. They added an extra vent in the final production phase. Everything else is the same.

  12. Default

    Ah Ha! Indeed it IS the same... That extra vent is a good decision, and it still looks great. Thanks for the update.

  13. #113

    Default

    I am amazed how much power there is in such a small package. (No not referring to the wine bottle... if it were 151 that would be another story...)
    Everlast PowerTig 200DX
    Everlast Supercut 50P
    I need a MIG.... which one to buy:
    I-Mig 160, I-Mig 200, or a MTS 160

  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by performance View Post
    No, its the same design. They added an extra vent in the final production phase. Everything else is the same.
    It's not hard to understand the confusion when a lot of the pictures on the website have serious aspect ratio problems, like this one on the 210EXT main page.

    Long arc, short arc, heliarc and in-the-dark!

  15. #115

    Default

    I agree. When I see that I think it is the size of a lunch box or old tool box.
    Everlast PowerTig 200DX
    Everlast Supercut 50P
    I need a MIG.... which one to buy:
    I-Mig 160, I-Mig 200, or a MTS 160

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Whine Country, California
    Posts
    442

    Default

    I really like the size and functions this unit has. Jody's video using this welder shows how smooth it is, plus how convenient all those adjustments can be for specialty projects and repairs. For some reason, I overlooked this 210EXT when I was shopping for a TIG welder...probably due to it being out of my price range. It looks quite portable, yet it still has over 200 amps of capability!
    Andy
    New Everlast PowerTig 250EX that is begging for me to come up with a few welding projects so it can stretch it's legs. Did someone say aluminum???

    MISC. TOOLS:
    Atlas 618 lathe
    Milwaukee Porta Band with custom made stand
    Dewalt 4-1/2" angle grinder
    Dewalt 14" chop saw

    Strong Hand Nomad portable table
    Juki sewing machine I've had for years (yes I know sewing is for girls)

  17. #117

    Default

    yeah, I really like it. You can't imagine how quiet it is. Neat thing about the programming, is that pulse amps (low) and hotstart/arcforce are all programmed as a percentage of the welding amps, so you can program a set in memory for a certain thickness of metal, and if you need to crank up/down the power to compensate for something thicker or thinner, you just have to adjust the welding amps, and most of the other parameters are proportionally adjusted by the program. Duty cycle is lower than the EX models, but if I was going to build an aluminum trailer, I would use my MIG and Spoolgun anyway. this unit duty cycle is 100% at 100amps, and that is where I do most of my work (30-100 amps). only possible improvement would be 120/240 dual power capable. this was the only model with wave form vaiations (Sine, Square, and soft square. Also, the pulsing lets you mix DC and AC, to minimze heat affected zone.
    Everlast PowerPro 256 (2013)
    Northern Hybrid 200 & ST80i
    HF 90Amp FluxCore (Don't laugh, it is what got me started)
    Lotos LT5000D Plasma
    HF 4x6 Horizontal Bandsaw
    Rikon 18" Bandsaw w/VFD
    Delta 14" Drill Press
    Robland NLX31 Euro Combo WW

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Paulie View Post
    here you go. Notice the empty wine bottle used for size comparison. (ok, maybe it was used for something else earlier).

    Seriously, although this one has an issue that will be replaced, I am able to navigate/play with the menus, and they are quite intuitive and usable.

    My deciding points were:

    Most of my aluminum TIG work will be thin, so the 1/4" capacity is not an issue. I have a TIG and Spoolgun for big stuff, it is not like I will be TIG welding a trailer.

    Price point was the same as the 225LX and required cooler, or almost the same as the 250EX and Cooler.

    I can tell from the videos, how much noise the 250EX makes, and this is a fraction. (Tradeoff is 40% vs 100% duty cycle at 200amps). This box is seriously quiet.

    I wanted the wave form and advanced pulse for thin aluminum (radiators, sheet metal, etc).

    210EXT has solid state HF vs, mechanical point gap as in the 200-250 series.

    at 40lbs and 30amp circuit, is a little more practical for portability.

    If I were looking for an industrial strength tool, for professional or heavy duty, I would have gone with the 250EX, but I am using it more as a hobbiest, or fabricating for cars, motorcycles, etc.





    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-24 20.19.16.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	9562
    I am surprised we do not here more about the 210 EXT. This machine looks good with a lot of features. Duty cycle is a little lower than other Everlast equipment, but still comparable to the miller 200 amp AC/DC machine.
    Miller 252
    PowerTig 250 EXT
    Evolution Rage 2
    48X6 inch Belt Sander w/ 9 inch Disk Sander
    ...

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Paulie, since I can't find a whole lot of info. How low of amps does this thing strike an arc with? I'm starting to build bike frame and some of the tubing is .35" thick so low end is super important. Have you ever used a Dynasty and can you compare arc characteristics? I heard you can dial down the start amps to 10 or so...which is fine as long as it fires up fast and holds really a steady arc so I can start moving. I just received a 250ex in the mail that had some shipping damage and going to send it back. Me and Oleg talked about the 210ext and I think it is a good idea. I would love to have a machine that can weld razor blades, but still have the power to weld 1/4 aluminum. All while having a super stable arc. One last question....how does the solid state capacitor ignition compare to the points?......sorry for all the questions thanks - RJ

  20. #120

    Default

    The complete specs on on our web site.

Similar Threads

  1. Everlast 255EXT and 210EXT Review w/Video
    By christian in forum Customer Testimonials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 08:59 PM
  2. Everlast 210ext problem.
    By Eastcoast86 in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 07:28 AM
  3. Quick review of 210EXT
    By Johnson in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
  4. Everlast 250EX vs 210EXT
    By TD2593 in forum TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 05:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •