Welding of any type is a high risk job. Gas welding in particular requires more safety precautions. Here are some safety procedures that need to be taken care of while performing gas welding.
- Always sport a helmet that covers your face thoroughly. Your face and eyes are
the most important part of your body. They are most sensitive.
- Always store oxygen and acetylene separately.
- Make sure the equipment is chained tightly.
- Check if the place you are about to work has a fire extinguisher in place.
- Cylinders should be moved around and stored with their caps tightly on.
- If you are using a cylinder, be attentive and remember to close the cylinder
- Apron, leather gloves and other protective gears should be worn at all times when performing gas welding.
- Workplace should be always from dense human activity.
- The place should be well ventilated.
- Be alert and look for odors of fuel gases.
Tags: Gas Welding, welder, welding