I am trying to figure out the best way to make a tip for my rotisserie and have come up with a couple of options. The spit is 304 SS 1” Sch 40 pipe 6’ long and am planning on making the tip out of 304 SS 1.25” round bar. I would like the tip to be 3” long and turn the backend down to fit into the pipe and secured with a set screw. My thoughts are:
- Find a pre made tip like a water well drive point and cut it to match the pipe diameter and weld in round bar to secure it. Problem is I can’t find any SS only MS
- Use 304 SS 1.25” round bar and grind down a tip. Will take some time.
- Turn the 304 SS 1.25” round bar in the lathe. Will take some time and have a learning curve.
- Cut the 304 SS 1.25” round bar with and TCT/Abrasive saw to get the rough shape, then grind it smooth.
- Have a fab shop do it. $$$$.
What do you think will be the most time and cost effective way? Any other suggestions?