A friend of mine was doing some work on his scout to get it to look nice. I was able to lend a hand and get some work in on this. We replaced some bad rusted outter skins, put a 2" body lift, single stage paint and mainly just cleaned up the outter body some. We did not take out all the dents or anything as this was not a restore by no means.
Sanded down the old paint.
Found a section that has had some repaired before.
Cut out rusted areas
welded in patches
Replaced one of the tail light panels.
Filler.. Black is misted paint to show low spots left
Don't mind the edges.. My camera sucks at capturing these and they always look ruff still but there are feathered proper.
and paint from my iphone.
I would say that this was a rather quick process. I am not sure on the amount of time but we did a couple hours over a few days. Wasn't too bad. Paint was shot with my Devilbiss guns and sanding of filler was blocked by hand and the paint was sanded off with a DA. Panels were MIG welded in and then covered in Evercoat Everglass and covered with Evercoat glazing putty. Tape was used to mask the stripes.